Frequently Asked Questions
What are your rates for 1-to-1 coaching?
Our standard rates for 1-to-1 coaching sessions vary between $175 – $250 depending on how many months or sessions. We also offer a custom coaching package option, in which we work with you to develop a plan that specifically meets your needs and budget. Scholarships are available, and depending on what company you work for, your employer might have an education or personal development reimbursement program.
Do you offer a free or discounted trial session?
We offer a no-cost phone consultation with you to discuss your needs, or a 1-time 1-hour trial session for $150/hour.
Email Sam to schedule.
What’s your coaching style?
Coaching sessions are customized based on each individual’s learning style, goals, lifestyle, etc. Our coaching approach is designed to help you develop practical skills for expressing yourself clearly, while at the same time developing a positive heart+mindset, and establishing healthy vocal technique and habits. We take people a little bit more internal so they can build confidence and learn to trust their inner voice as much as their physical voice.
Where do the sessions take place?
We will meet at your home, office, or other appropriate location that is comfortable for you.
What if I don’t have a place to meet?
We will do our best to help find a location that works for you.
If we cannot help you find a place, we will do our best to help you find another coach or studio.
Do you offer Skype/FaceTime sessions?
We prefer in-person meetings, but we do offer online sessions when necessary or appropriate.
When do we meet?
Sessions are booked by appointment only, typically on a recurring basis on the same day/time.
Current availability is: San Francisco on Monday and the South Bay Tuesday – Friday
What’s the cancellation policy?
Please visit or policies page to review the cancellation policy.
How long will it take to reach my goals?
We customize each coaching program to meet each client’s needs and goals. Some things to keep in mind when deciding if it’s the right time for you to pursue this work:
- Deadline or goal
- Work schedule
- Learning style
- Amount of time to practice or think about the concepts in between meetings
- Self-motivation verses amount of outside structure or accountability needed
- Level of fear, shyness, or hesitation upon beginning
Do you accept insurance?
We do not accept insurance.
What about employer reimbursement?
Many major employers offer partial or full reimbursement for education or professional development expenses. We are happy to invoice you or your employer directly.
How do I apply for an InnerVoice Studio scholarship?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on scholarships.
What is the first 1-to1 coaching session like?
The first session usually goes something like this:
- Section 1: We spend a few minutes getting to know one another, talking about any new information or experiences that have come up since we last emailed or spoke on the phone. We talk about any questions you have in order to dispel any hesitation or anxiety.
- Section 2: We gently shift the focus to your breath and posture, get you feeling calm and safe and grounded.
- Section 3: Varies by client, but always we do some simple and fun exercises to help you access your voice in the way that you want. If you need physical strength, we’ll do some vocal exercises, if you need to work through your imposter syndrome, we’ll do some exercises specifically around how to speak up, even when you’re afraid or unsure.
- Section 4: We’ll check in with how you’re feeling, make a plan for how we’re going to reach your goals going forward, talk about future scheduling if we haven’t already, answer any new questions.
- Section 5: Hugs, smiles and good-byes.
How do I access my notes and materials between sessions?
After the session, you will receive a follow up email with a link to your Google folder that has your notes, progress tracker, and any other resources and materials.
Do I have to sing?
You do not have to sing in any of your sessions. Singing is one tool of many that we use to help you build confidence and own your voice. We will mention singing to you if and when we think it would be a helpful tool for you, though we will never pressure or force anyone to sing.
That said, many people are drawn to our style of coaching specifically because they (secretly) want to sing, or because they know that their fear of singing is tied to other limiting beliefs about their voice or their ability to speak up. So, singing is always an option.
Can anybody sing?
Yes, anybody can sing. It is the InnerVoice Vocal Studio philosophy that anyone who can speak can also sing. Medical tone deafness is incredibly rare. We believe the following to be true:
- Singing is available to everyone. It makes individuals feel good and it builds and heals communities when done with others.
- You do not have to sound like the people you hear on the radio in order to sing out loud and share your voice. It is important not to compare your car or shower singing to the modern production techniques used by the music industry to pump out perfect recordings.
- You do not have to hit all the notes perfectly all the time to sing, or to sing with others.
- You have permission to sing simply because it feels good to you.
- You get to choose where, when, and with whom you sing. It’s your voice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Workshops + Events
What InnerVoice workshops and events are coming up?
Please check out the calendar page for information about upcoming workshops and events.
How do I schedule an InnerVoice @ Work workshop or event at my company?
Please email Sam directly, to discuss your needs and plan your event.
How do I join the Own Your Voice: Women – Monthly Meetup?
Please visit our page on Meetup.com to join the group and RSVP for the next meetup.