What are your rates for 1-to-1 coaching?
This information is located here.
Do you offer a free or discounted trial session?
We offer a 30-minute free phone consultation with you to discuss your needs, or a 1-time 90-minute trial session for $150.
Email Sam to schedule.
Where do the sessions take place?
We will meet at your home, office, or other appropriate location that is comfortable for you.
What if I don’t have a place to meet?
We are happy to book a room at XMES Rehearsals in Menlo Park.
Do you offer Skype/FaceTime sessions?
We prefer in-person meetings, but we do offer online sessions when necessary or appropriate.
When do we meet?
Sessions are booked by appointment only.
– San Francisco
Monday and Tuesday 10:30 – 6:00pm as schedule permits
– South Bay
Wednesday – Friday 10:30 – 6:00pm as schedule permits
How long will it take to reach my goals?
We customize each coaching program to meet each client’s needs and goals, though we suggest a minimum commitment of 3 months. Some things to keep in mind when deciding if it’s the right time for you to pursue this work:
- Deadline or goal
- Work schedule
- Learning style
- Amount of time to practice or think about the concepts in between meetings
- Self-motivation verses amount of outside structure or accountability needed
- Level of fear, shyness, or hesitation upon beginning
Do you accept insurance?
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept insurance.
What about employer reimbursement?
Don’t forget to ask your company about education or professional development reimbursement. We’re happy to provide invoices or other supporting documentation to help you navigate the reimbursement process.
What is the trial session like?
The trial session usually goes something like this:
- Section 1: We spend a few minutes getting to know one another, talking about any new information or experiences that have come up since we last emailed or spoke on the phone. We talk about any questions you have in order to dispel any hesitation or anxiety.
- Section 2: We gently shift the focus to your breath and posture, get you feeling calm and safe and grounded.
- Section 3: Varies by client, but always we do some simple and fun exercises to help you access your voice in the way that you want. If you need physical strength, we’ll do some vocal exercises, if you need to work through your imposter syndrome, we’ll do some exercises specifically around how to speak up, even when you’re afraid or unsure.
- Section 4: We’ll check in with how you’re feeling, make a plan for how we’re going to reach your goals going forward, talk about future scheduling if we haven’t already, answer any new questions.
- Section 5: Hugs, smiles and good-byes.
How do I access my notes and materials between sessions?
After your first session, you will receive a follow up email with a link to your Google folder that has your notes, progress tracker, and any other resources and materials.
Can anybody sing?
Yes, anybody can sing. It is the InnerVoice Vocal Studio philosophy that anyone who can speak can also sing. Medical tone deafness is incredibly rare. We believe the following to be true:
- Singing is available to everyone. It makes individuals feel good and it builds and heals communities when done with others.
- You do not have to sound like the people you hear on the radio in order to sing out loud and share your voice. It is important not to compare your car or shower singing to the modern production techniques used by the music industry to pump out perfect recordings.
- You do not have to hit all the notes perfectly all the time to sing, or to sing with others.
- You have permission to sing simply because it feels good to you.
- You get to choose where, when, and with whom you sing. It’s your voice.
I’m looking for a more straightforward singing lesson, do you have any recommendations?
If you are interested in a more ‘typical’ singing lesson or studio experience, we are friends with, and think very highly of, the women that run each of these studios, and can’t recommend them highly enough. Each of these other super amazing studios offers all kinds of singing lessons, workshops, performance opportunities and community events at a variety of price points.
I’m looking for straightforward public speaking lessons, do you have any recommendations?
Workshops + Events
What InnerVoice workshops and events are coming up?
Please check out the event page for information about upcoming workshops and events.
How do I schedule an InnerVoice @ Work workshop or event at my company?
Please email Sam directly, to discuss your needs and plan your event.
How do I join the Own Your Voice: Women – Monthly Meetup?
Please visit our page on Meetup.com to join the group and RSVP for the next meetup.
Are all of your events geared only toward women?
Nope, not at all. In private coaching, Sam works with all genders. It is a hope to launch a mixed-gendered or male-centered event soon. But…we need your help. We’d love to hear about your needs and goals. Email Sam with your thoughts and help us create workshops and community events that are interesting to you!