From presentations, to public speeches, to chatting with coworkers or clients, having an ability to communicate with clarity and intention is fundamental.
Conquer your fears, learn to express yourself, and develop a confidence and comfort that will energize and embolden every form of communication with our unique, fun and effective approach.
In our classes and one-on-one sessions, we include singing – that’s right, singing! Why? Singing is a powerful tool for diffusing anxiety, increasing self-trust, and developing the ability to communicate through challenging emotions or complicated situations.
Don’t worry, these aren’t singing classes. Singing is just one of the many tools we use to build confidence and strengthen communication. Our comprehensive curriculum incorporates a wide selection of concepts and exercises relevant to communication, performance and presentation.
Singing is a uniquely powerful means of getting to the root of what is holding a person back in their communication, clearing it out, and replacing it with a sense of calm and confidence. Singing requires a person to try things they are not sure they can do. This could be something simple like attempting to hit a certain note, or it could be something more challenging, like vocalizing a difficult feeling or emotion.
Singing is also fun. Once the participants are past the initial nervousness of singing in front of their peers, they begin to enjoy themselves and release tension, anxiety, and internal chatter. TThey also quickly begin to trust themselves and each other, establishing the groundwork for your team members to grow as successful communicators.
What is covered:
The Physical Voice
- Adopting vocal technique for control, health, stamina
- Understanding projection, enunciation and inflection
- Cultivating self-awareness, compassion, patience
- Clarifying intention and focus
- Incorporating your personality / sense of humor
- Connecting with posture and breath
- Building good habits: physical and mental
- Choosing the right language
- Improvising and communicating on the fly
- Expressing needs and building consensus
- Recognizing and incorporating gestures and nonverbal queues
- Listening and holding space for others
- Remaining calm and present
- Communicating through difficult emotions
- Navigating stressful situations and pushback
- Developing a positive outlook
- Pacing / timing
- Eye contact
- Pre and post-presentation process
- Microphone control
- Need something specific for your team? Just ask!
- Reduced anxiety when presenting to coworkers, customers, and partners
- Ability to think and speak clearly and with intention
- Enhanced relationships and cooperation
- Improved leadership
- Ability to calmly navigate any kind of situation
- Confidence public speaking or presenting in any size group or room
Who will benefit?
Anyone who would like to develop a confidence and comfort that applies to every form of communication, from one-on-one chats with co-workers, to speaking onstage in front of a large room.
Who We've Worked With
Types of Companies
We’ve taken our workshops into large companies such as Aruba Networks/Hewlett Packard, and Dell, as well as startup accelerators including 500 Startups and RocketSpace.
Our client list also includes folks from Magic Leap, Texas Instruments, Apple, Cisco, Amazon, EA Games, Facebook, Google, Airbnb, FitBit, Rev, Twitter, Zynga, Boostable, Twitch, June, RackSpace, ZeroCater, and more.
Types of People
InnerVoice students come from many different backgrounds including musicians, attorneys, accountants, film makers, engineers, marketing and PR people, managers, start-up entrepreneurs, corporate real estate developers, small business owners, writers, bankers, human resources specialists, and more.
Our students also hail from all over the world including China, India, Korea, Croatia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, Philippines, Italy, Poland, Brazil, Netherlands, France, Lebanon and Switzerland.